Thursday, October 22, 2009

Yippee, I'm back!




Okay, do you know how many things can happen in a month? Of course you do, as you all are living life just as we are.

First things first, the wedding cake turned out very nice if I do say so myself. Let me know what you think. I tried to post the pictures about a week after taking them, but had some technical difficulties.

Then this last week I had almost everyone in my family get sick. First it started with my darling husband. He said that he didn't feel good on Thursday, I ignored him. Then on Friday, he complained again. He said that he had the Swine Flu, I said "no you don't. You have a cold." Saturday morning, I made him go grocery shopping with me, and again he complained that he didn't feel good. So being the good wife that I am, I lectured him and told him to "cowboy up", after all I had had a cold for the last two weeks and hadn't felt good. I still had to get kids to school, go to work, come home and fix dinner, do the dishes...etc, etc. About an hour after this lecture, we were standing in line at Sam's Club, and he breaks out into a cold sweat, and again tells me he doesn't feel good. I decided to go ahead and call the after hours clinic, so that he could go in and see that he just had a cold and I wouldn't have to listen to him whine anymore.

Guess what? He didn't just have a cold, he had the Swine Flu....way to prove the wife wrong. I had to swallow my words, and apologize. We started calling all of the family members we had come into contact with to let them know that they had been exposed, when we stumbled upon my nephew who wasn't feeling good. To make up for my mean lecture earlier that morning to my husband, I went up and took my nephew and his baby to the doctor's office, and yes he tested positive for the Swine Flu also. Thank goodness the baby didn't have it.

Next morning my 12 year old started with the symptoms and by the time I got him into the doctor that night he was running a 102.5 fever and yes, he also tested positive. In case you've lost count, that is three doctor's offices surrounded by sick people, with 3 positive tests for the Swine Flu. You can imagine then, just how excited I was on Monday morning to wake up to another child running a fever and vomiting. I also started this awful cough and feeling a little achy, so off to the doctor we went again. This time though, the tests came back negative. Doctor still put the two of us on Tamiflu because of the exposure we had had to the flu. So in three days time, I had gone to 4 different doctors and sat in the waiting rooms with who knows how many sick people and how many different diseases.

In the midst of all of these visits, I also had to take my dog to the vet. She managed to get an abscessed tooth in the middle of all of this flu and ended up getting 4 teeth pulled. I don't care if I see another waiting room for the rest of the year!

So for those of you who haven't been visited by the dreaded piggy flu, let me tell you some of the symptoms that we learned about this week.

Adult symptoms~ Severe headache, neck pain, stomach pain (but no vomiting), extreme chills & sweats, nasty cough.

Child symptoms~ all of the above, but they also vomit and get diarrhea

So as you can see, I included a picture of all the things you might need to combat the dreaded Swine Flu. May it never come our way again. The only people who escaped the disease were my daughter and my mother-in-law. I had mild symptoms, and my 7 year old only had mild symptoms. I swear that this is because we started the Tamiflu the first day we had any symptoms at all.

Bring on the Holidays!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The new Ace of Cakes!!!
Scott Dopp