Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Try walking in my sedated shoes.

Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba I wanna be sedated.....Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane

I need someone a person to talk to, Someone who'd care to love , Could it be you.. could it be you??

Now I'm not looking for absolution, Forgiveness for the things I do, But before you come to any conclusions...Try walking in my shoes....

No really, I promise I haven't lost my mind, or I least I don't remember losing it.  I hate this time of year. I know hate is a strong word, but it fits. Your probably wondering why I hate Spring, but that's not what I hate. What I hate is the budget season is upon us, with that comes rumors upon rumors of what is going to happen to employees in the city. I have no idea who starts these dang things but it just stresses everyone out & makes for a not very pleasant working solution. This year is even uglier because of a certain department. I won't say anymore, because heaven knows I'd hate to loose my job over a blog post. Duane & I have instituted a new rule at our house, you can only talk about work for 30 minutes tops & then the subject has to be closed and put away for the day.  Seems to be helping with our moods.

What do you get when you take two stressed out adults and mix in a phone call from the school saying that your daughter has passed out, hit the ground & then was twitchy & disoriented upon coming too?? You get two very stressed out adults.  Yep, that was us on Monday.  We were sitting and enjoying our lunch when we got the call from the school saying that Cheyenne had passed out. Once we got her home, she kept complaining that the left side of her head hurt, just above her eye.  (A little background on this child, she fell out of a shopping cart when she was two & got a very black eye, along with a concussion. Then she had a chair fall on her head when she was around 8 years old, no concussion that time, just stitches.) So with the pain & the fainting, of course we took her to our doctor. He spent about 5 minutes with her and them promptly told us to take her to the emergency room & not just any emergency room, but to Primary Children's because he was very concerned about the pain over her left eye.

So off to Salt Lake the three of us went, with a detour along the way for a vomit stop (thank you O'Reillys Auto Parts for the bags...) Now we're really concerned, pain & vomiting. Not a good mix. Luckily Primary Childrens is very quick about getting you into a room in their Emergency room. They are also very quick with the tests. She had a Cat Scan, EKG and a blood test to check for anemia. It is then that the process slows down like you just stepped into a very thick mud.  We walked in the door at 5 and back out at 10.  The good news, all tests came back showing no problems. The bad news, no idea why she fainted.  The only thing we do know, is that she hit hard enough to give herself a concussion.  She still has a headache, but according to the doctor, she could have that for a couple of weeks. 

I told her last night that we were going to have to possibly look into purchasing a helmet for her to wear all the time. She did not think this was the fashion statement that she was looking for.  Now I understand the saying "driving me into a early grave".

1 comment:

Sodermoto said...

I hope she feels better soon! That has to be the worst when they don't know why your child is sick.

Also what a great '30 minute' rule when it comes to work stuff. I hope all the budget stuff gets resolved quickly. :)