This was my view for about an hour tonight. In case you can't tell, it's my front windshield of my car. You may wonder why I was looking out my car window tonight, well it's because I love my son.
He had to be in South Weber tonight to sing and recruit the 6th graders that were registering for choir. When we first pulled up to the school, I looped around trying to find a parking space. Austin told me that I could just drop him off at the door. I asked if I got to come in tonight (last night I also spent an hour in my car, while he was singing at Fairfield Jr. High, but it wasn't snowing...), he said "Mom, if you love me, you'll wait out here." Never mind it was in the middle of a blizzard, yes I'm exaggerating, and there was a good chance I was going to get frostbite on some part of my body, but hey its just one of the sacrifices we make as moms. He promises that he isn't embarrassed by me & that I'm cool, but sometimes I wonder.
Now let me fill you in on my little secret, I really didn't mind sitting in my car last night or tonight, other than it was a little cool. Why wouldn't I mind, you might ask. Well it's because I had a total hour to myself & my kindle. No interruptions, just sweet, quiet reading time. Now what mom doesn't want a little of that every once in awhile?
No comments:
Post a Comment