Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ghostly Ghouls






Another trick or treating year has come and gone. We enjoyed the nice weather and getting to see neighbors that we normally don't see out and about.  Austin stayed home and passed candy out again this year, while Duane & I, along with my Aunt Sandy, took the other two kids out to get their goodies. I enjoyed seeing all of the kids dressed up, but at the same time it made me realize just how much my kids have grown up.  I maybe have 2 or 3 more years of this trick or treating business, then all of my kids will be teenagers and not interested in that anymore.

Halloween isn't really my thing, I don't like to be scared.  I can remember trick or treating when I was little. My sisters and I would go out with our Dad and there would always be these two teenage boys who dressed up as monkeys and would run through the neighborhood. They always freaked me out.  Last night we saw another individual that kind of freaked me out. He was either a teenage boy or an adult male.  I couldn't tell because he was sporting a green scream mask and a suit. We first saw him at the haunted house down the street, then he followed us up the street. He was walking alone and didn't have a trick or treat bag, so he wasn't out for candy.  When he walked past us, he slowed down and looked at Sandy. Then he breathed funny and walked on up the street. However, he kept stopping and turning around to stare at us. I have a suspicion that he was some kind of child predator.

Today, the Halloween decorations went back into their boxes and the switch was flipped for the Christmas lights to be on. I like this part of the holidays so much better. 

No comments: