Thursday, December 13, 2012
Life as an officers wife.
As your probably already aware, this is my husband. On this day back in August he is sporting that big grin because he had just graduated D.A.R.E. School and had received a special award for going above and beyond. He didn't think he'd pass, but I always knew he would.
So today I'm dedicating this posting to him, because he's on my mind tonight. While I can't go into details, you've already probably seen the news about there being an officer shot at tonight in Sunset. No, it wasn't my husband and everyone I care for is okay. Even the officer involved is okay because God was truly looking out for him tonight.
Can someone please tell me when the world became so crazy? So crazy that as an officer you're no longer safe to just drive down the road in your patrol car without having to worry about being shot at. I've known the risks associated with this job for much longer than my husband has been employed in it. I've worked on the dispatch side & have sat through an officer involved shooting, have heard those officers yell for help over the radio & have seen how that changes who they are. So I knew full well what we were getting ourselves into almost 7 years ago when he decided this was where he wanted to be. I have no regrets about this decision and love seeing my husband proud of what he does. However, it doesn't make me not go through the what ifs. What if that was my husband who shot that person? What if it was my husband who had been gunned down on that call? What if it was my husband who was shot at while driving down the street? What if I had to tell my kids that their dad wasn't coming home? What if I had to live the rest of my life without him?
I really try to not go there very often, after all that's a really good way to make yourself crazy & a basket case. But on nights like tonight, it's hard not to go there. So for tonight, I just want to say that I love this man. He is my best friend, the one person that can make me laugh no matter how foul my mood may be. He is a great father to our children & a good son to his mother and step-mother. He works hard every day to make a difference in peoples lives. I know he's definitely made a difference in mine. Love you babe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are thankful for your hubby and all the officers who keep us safe. Their families must carry a heavy load of worry and we appreciate it. You have an awesome family! Thanks for the peanut brittle. So good!!
Post a Comment