Sunday, May 24, 2009

17 Again


Tonight we took the kids to see "17 Again". This is my second time seeing this movie and both times it made me think of my husband and the choices we have made. I have no desire to go back to being 17 again and having to go through high school all over, what an awful thought! However, we were in a similar situation, just older when it occured.

As I think back over the last 12 years that we have been married, I can't think of anything that I'd go back and change. Duane is one of the best choices I've ever made. He makes me laugh, and he makes me stop and look at things a different way. And for anyone who knows him, then you also know that he is always taking me out of my comfort zone. I've done things since I've been with him that I probably never would have done without him (keep your minds out of the gutter please...LOL).

For example, I never would have gone on a cruise. I'm afraid of the Ocean,(something to do with the Titanic and creatures that are bigger than houses or with really sharp teeth), but he kept telling me I would be fine, so I listened and went along, because I trust him. He stood by me while I faced this fear, and we had a great time together. We've been on several adventures together, and each time he comes up with a new one, he starts out asking "how much do you love me?"

He has helped me become the person I am today, no longer the shy, quiet, wall flower. Yes, there are times that I still feel that way, but my husband is always there telling me how beautiful I am, or how much he loves me. He boosts my confidence in ways no one else does, and for that I'm eternally grateful.

1 comment:

Circe said...

Was that you or my cousin Christina who asked me if you caould put a link to us on your blog? Either way, yes, go ahead! Your husband sounds perfect...just like mine! :)