Monday, April 19, 2010

How do you spell embarrassed???

For those of you who haven’t heard, Thursday while at work, I fell and sprained my foot. What did I trip over, nothing but myself. I was spared the embarrassment of falling in front of everyone, but not the embarrassment of everyone hearing me fall.



See it all started with this cute pair of shoes. I should have known better because I’ve been gracefulness challenged since childhood. But I’ve worn these shoes a couple of times now & have only had one prior incident with them where I almost fell. I wasn’t so lucky this time. While trying to hurry and get into court, I got to walking just a little too fast and down I went, twisting my foot so that I landed on the top of it, then slammed onto my knees. I got up and saw that nobody had witnessed the fall, so I thought I was safe. I managed to get out to the bench when my foot started to throb more than my knees and ego were hurting. Then I noticed a nice large knot forming on the top of my foot. Thus ended the secret of my fall….. Now it's just a pretty shade of purple & green. 

2 comments:

Nana's Playhouse said...

AHHHH graceful. What a wonderful word but we all know that word is NOT in my life. As our wonderful night out didnt quite turn out like we had hoped I still had a fabulous time catching up. Add that to our wonderful reminising over my graceful fall I still have to have sympathy for your mishap. I KNOW it must still hurt, not quite sure which still hurts more, the foot or the pride. Chin up it gets better, your foot will heal soon and the shoes are still waiting for a second (third, fourth and fifth) chance.

Circe said...

Oh, I hope it's better soon! Those shoes look like death traps! But cute! Congrats on Gavin's - I mean Jackson's - baptism. ha ha! the mishaps are the most memorable part!