Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wild Weekend

Do you ever look forward to your weekends for rest and relaxation only to find that your busier on those two days than you are the rest of the week?  This was one of those weekends!  I'm exhausted and the week just started. 

On Saturday we had Jackson's baptism. What an experience that he'll always remember and not for the reasons you would think.  First, Duane's uncle performed the baptism and Jackson slipped out of his hands, hitting his head on the bottom of the font. Then his uncle had a hard time remembering his name, so at one point he was referring to Jackson as Gavin (the other little boy who was baptized that day). Oh well, he got through it, and we are grateful to Scott for helping us out. 

Then we had my whole family over for dinner Saturday night. There was only 17 of us, so not quite the production it is when Duane's family gets together (we come close to 40 for that one), but still a production. Of course as usual, I overcooked, so we ended up with leftovers. Lots of fun though!! 

Sunday, we got up and went down to Camp Williams to visit Bill's gravesite.  They finally had the site marker in place and it was nice to see.  I of course stuck my foot in my mouth while we were there, so once again I'd like to apologize to my husband......

We finished out the weekend with family bowling.  We started going as a family about a month ago, and it's amazing to see the progress my kids have made in just that short time.  Jackson has the best professional stance of us all after he lets his ball go.  Everytime he has his knees bent and foot thrown behind him.  He's just talented when it comes to sports, I can't wait to see where that takes us in the years to come. 

I'm glad I had the time to spend with all of our family members, but now I just need some rest! 

No comments: